|PRICE:||Group Rates – see chart below|
|START TIME:||Adelaide 6am or Kingscote 8am|
|FINISH TIME||Kingscote 5.30pm or Adelaide 7.30pm|
1 Day Kangaroo Island Tour – Featuring the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail
Our 1 day tour of Kangaroo Island is active and suits those wanting more than a sightseeing tour.
It is a private tour catering for groups & families of 2 to 7 people. If you are planning on travelling from Adelaide we can organise return flights and airport transfers to make full day trip from Adelaide return, or if you already have travel plans on Kangaroo Island, we can depart from Kingscote.
We have incorporated 2 hikes into the day, 1 of 3km and another of 4km, so participants should be active and enjoy the outdoors. The hikes take place on sections of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail which was opened in October 2016.
In addition to the hikes we also see the islands main attractions, including Remarkable Rocks, Seal Bay Conservation Park (where we do a beach tour) and Admirals Arch.
Our focus as much as possible is the get out of the vehicle and into the wilderness, we see plenty of wildlife all in the wild, and leave the commercial wildlife parks & zoos to the sightseeing tours and large busses.
It’s a long day and we really pack it in, but it’s a great day and one that does this world class Island justice.
We depart daily on demand.
|GROUP SIZE||FROM ADELAIDE WITH FLIGHTS*||FROM KINGSCOTE WITHOUT FLIGHTS|
|Total Group Price||Total Group Price|
*Prices based on the availability of the REX NET fare from rex.com.au. Higher rates may apply if this fare is unavailable.
- Private Tour with your family / group.
- All National Park entry fees.
- Luxury 4WD vehicle.
- Dedicated wildlife hiking guide.
- Lunch & snacks.
- Pick up from most accommodation.
- Airport transfers (if selecting to depart from Adelaide).
- Return flights Adelaide – Kingscote (if selecting to depart from Adelaide).
- Flight pricing based on REX NET RATE of $280 per person return. If this rate is unavailable the higher rate may apply.
- Flights are with a commercial airline and are not private (charter flights can be arranged).
- Prices quoted are AUD – (Australian Dollars)
- This is a private tour, no additional seats will be sold once your booking is in place.
- Seats 5, 6 & 7 are suitable for small adults & children only.
- Sections of the hikes are self guided. The guide will drop you at the trail head, then drive to the end point, walk in reverse and meet you on route. All trails are well marked and you will be provided with a satelite phone in the case of an emergency.
1. If you are departing from Adelaide you will be picked up at your hotel and transferred to the airport in time to depart on the REX 7.00am flight to Kangaroo Island, the flight over the Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo Island is simply stunning. Your guide will meet you on arrival at 7.40am with fresh fruit and snacks. If you are already on Kangaroo Island your guide will pick you up at 8am from Kingscote (chat to use about other pick up points).
2.We immediately make our way west towards Flinders Chase National Park, the 50 minute drive is very comfortable in the luxury 4WD vehicle. We arrive at a bush setting where the cooler morning temperature normally ensure there are plenty of Kangaroos and Tammar Wallabies to great us.
3.We begin our first hike of the day, 3km through coastal bush following a small river, and emerging onto the beautiful beach at Hanson Bay on the Southern Coast. The hiking track form part of the well marked Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail and we’ll be rewarded with beautiful views, fresh air and normally a few wildlife encounters along the way.
4.From Hanson Bay we make our way to Flinders Chase National Park, home of Admirals Arch & Remarkable Rocks. Remarkable Rocks is one of the most popular island attractions and getting here early normally means we get it without the crowds. We’ll also drop in to see the local population of fur seals at Admiral Arch as well as the amazing geology.
5.Our next hike begins at Remarkable Rocks and again follows the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail, this time along the southern coast where you will have incredible views over the southern ocean. This 4km stretch of the trail is some of the most impressive of the 61km full trek
6.After completing 2 fantastic hikes we head for a more relaxing experience visiting Seal Bay Conservation Park. At Seal Bay we join a Ranger Guided Tour onto the beach, this is an incredible experience which sees us walking on the beach amoung the rarest species of seal in Australia, the Australian Sea Lion. This population at Seal Bay is living in a completely natural environment and the focus for us is to observe and not interact. Seal Bay is one of the only places in the world where you can get this close to a population of wild animals in their natural environment – incredible.
7.Finally we head back for the Kingscote Airport (or your island accommodation) where the tour concludes, those returning to Adelaide will arrive at approx 6.40pm and will need to make their way to their hotel.
- We Book You In For The Tour
- We Book Flights For You
- We Arrange Airport Transfers
- You Book The Tour Here Online
- You Book Flights at rex.com.au
- We Arrange Airport Transfers
Calendar – Live Availability & Bookings
Our Kangaroo Island Products
- Depart from Kangaroo Island or Adelaide
- Flights & Airport Transfers arranged for Adelaide departures
- Luxury 4WD transport
- Hike 2 spectacular sections of the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (3km & 4km) or travel in the vehicle
- Seal Bay Beach Tour
- Observe Island wildlife in the wild
- Flinders Chase & Remarkable Rocks
- Catering for groups of 2 to 7
$513 per person (based on a group of 4 departing from KI)